|Your Visit||About the Museum||Collection||Special Events||News||Groups & Parties||Get Involved|
Connecticut Company 1326
1910 Osgood Bradley Car Co.
by William E. Wood, September 2001
with contribution from Kinsley Goodrich of Dalton, Mass. for the data on Waterbury, CT and the car locations
Connecticut Company car #550 was renumbered #1326 on August 5, 1915. Built in 1910 by the Osgood Bradley Company of Worcester, Mass. as a 30' closed wooden car with side seating. Operating on Standard 0-50 trucks with 4-GE-80 motors and two K356 controllers, as the car is double ended. An official Connecticut Company roster of the early 1930's shows that cars #1320 through #1334 (which included #1326) were located in Waterbury, CT until June 19, 1937. Moved to New Haven, car 1326 operated there to the end of the trolley service and came to the trolley museum in 1948 after 38 years of service with the Connecticut Company.
A close look at the car, shows not many changes over all. It was built with sliding doors at each end of the passenger area so the motorman could close himself off from the passengers. The car was operated as a two-man car (motorman and conductor) until the late twenties or early thirties and when it was converted to one-man operation (motorman only) those sliding doors were removed.
Well liked by the volunteers of the museum, one old time motorman said, "She makes all the right sounds - from motors to brakes."
| Controls: 2 - K35-G
Motors: 4 - General Electric 80
Brakes: Standard Air
Copyright 2017 Connecticut Electric Railway Association, Inc. All rights reserved.