CT Trolley Museum plans to participate in the 13th Annual Connecticut Open House Day Ė a unified celebration of the Stateís fascinating world of art, history, and tourism. During this one-day event, the CT Trolley Museum, along with more than 200 other organizations and attractions throughout the State, will open its doors and offer special incentives (discounts, free admission, free gifts, special offers, etc.) to visitors.

This exciting Statewide event, sponsored by the Connecticut Office of Tourism (COT), is designed to broaden awareness among residents of Connecticutís exceptional cultural and tourism assets and encourage them to become ambassadors who share their newfound discoveries with visiting family and friends.

 In addition to riding Connecticut made trolleys, the CT Trolley Museum will feature incentives and programs including free admission with one paid admission, (higher price prevails). To qualify for any Open House Day special, all visitors must show a valid Connecticut driverís license.

Connecticut Open House Day also includes opportunities to become a Connecticut Ambassador as part of COTís Ambassador Program, an ongoing initiative designed to cultivate pride among residents in the Stateís many diverse historic, arts, tourism and entertainment treasures. For more information about Connecticut Open House Day, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit.

The Connecticut Electric Railway Association, Inc. is the owner and operator of the Connecticut Trolley Museum. Founded in October 1940, it is the nationís oldest incorporated organization dedicated to the preservation of the trolley era.

As a non-profit institution, its educational and historical aim is the establishment of a full scale operating street and interurban railroad system with the appropriate accessory equipment and buildings, to recreate an important phase of New Englandís business and social life from 1890 to 1949.

A three-mile round trip streetcar ride (on any one of a half dozen refurbished vehicles) with an educational narrative is provided to the Museumís visitors during their visit. All work at the Museum, except for one paid employee in the Museum office, is done by volunteers.

There are over 70 pieces or rail equipment owned by the Museum, some of them dating as far back as 1869. This collection is made up of passenger and freight streetcars, elevated railway cars, interurban cars, service cars, locomotives (diesel and electric), passenger and freight railroad cars, and other pieces of miscellaneous railway equipment.